HOW I'M DOING

Thursday, July 10, 2008

JULY 10, 2008 - 13 DAYS TO GO!

JULY 10, 2008 - *HELLO* So it's so close now, 13 days. I hope they fly by. I haven't had much to report so that's why it's been a few days since I've been on. I am now in my 2nd week of low carb/no carb. doing okay, yesterday I was hungry for some reason. So before bed I had special K cereal w/soy milk and some cheese and turkey. health stuff. Today I'm hungry again! maybe my system is tired of being on a diet. who knows. well it really is not alot of food so I guess my tummy is mad at me. 13 days to go and I will be at Kaiser having my surgery. I am still a little nervous but ready for this to be over. I organized my foods yesterday and I have to pack some separate to take to Melina's for my little stay. So I was an Angel again this time for Amy, she's done and home now. I am so relieved and happy for her. I am next, then Tresha and Katey on the same day isn't that cool. We had 2 new people join the group yesterday and there is one that I am trying to help speed up her process by transferring from SSF to Fremont, Fremont has a way better program as far and time lines and not having to take those classes. Someone else just emailed me on OH.com and she is also Kaiser Fremont, so that is very cool. I've learned so much these 9 months that I am more than happy to help anyone else.

So It looks like I may be going to NYC for part of my recovery and I am so thrilled. Jean is still not feeling well so hopefully we can keep each other company for a little bit. my post op is on 8/7/08 so I can go anytime after that as long as I can come back by 8/22. so at least I have weekend to rest and get ready for work on the 25th. I am excited to go I love visiting her, I enjoyed myself, I don't know how I am going to feel since it's 2 weeks after surgery but so far everyone else feels okay pretty soon so I'm hoping it goes as well for me. I hope this time we get to see some sites, or go to beach and relax. I don't think I can get in the pool cause of the incisions but I can put my feet in! Maybe I can go see tia in Bklyn but not sure depends on time and how Jean feels. I will have to take some of my foods/snacks with me so I have something to eat on plane and over there since this time no pizza or pasteles :(~

I'd like to visit the city but back where I used to live on 125. so we'll see how that goes. and of course, I want to see Ivonne but since this trip is on Jean's dime it will be up to her what we do. and I don't think I can be going crazy traveling the city so soon ater surgery. we'll see.

I know that my life as I know it will change in 13 days. tomorrow is my pre-op appt. I got my period yesterday so I'm praying it doesn't affect my weight loss too much, especially with that scale at Kaiser being off. I have some cramps so I know theres a little stall going on inside so I been drinking my water of course and had some regular green tea to help as a diuretic. let's see if it helps. All in all it's going good. I haven't been walking as I should but I am so tired, I will walk this evening cause I have to leave work and go to post office before I hop on bart. tonight might walk again cause if mom is complaining I will take suzie out. so we'll see.
That's All For Now - Be Blessed In All Your Steps! Stay Strong! Judy

1 comment:

Aims said...

Thanks so much for being my Angel! I appreciate everything you did for me and my family!!!