HOW I'M DOING

Sunday, July 13, 2008

JULY 13, 2008 - 10 DAYS TO GO!

JULY 13, 2008 - *HELLO* So now I'm 10 days away from a new start in my life. I really don't know how to feel or what to think. It's like unreal, i can't explain it, all I know is that I don't have a clue what is happening. Like I know i'm having surgery but I can't get around the fact that I'm having surgery. So Friday was my pre-op, I was 4 lbs under weight and that is just great. I had an ekg done, and saw the doctor. She was very happy that I had lost 30 lbs. and we discussed the entire surgery day from start to finish. I will be her first surgery of the day so I have to be there at 6:30a.m., she said if all is on schedule I should be in surgery by 7:30. it takes about 2-3 hrs. and then I go to recovery and then about 5 hours later I need to get up and walk. I should be discharged the next day by 6:00 p.m. I will be sent home on a Stage II diet which is the soft stuff. On the 21st I have to get my lab work done, which works out because I am going with mellie to hospital to get her lab work done, her ultrasound done and her OB appt.

On Tuesday 22nd, I am stuck at home, soft food liquid diet and then the "cleansing" Surgery day I have to be there at 6:30 a.m. whew that is early but I'm glad I didn't want to sit around house waiting to go to hospital. if all goes the way the good lord intends I will be in my room by Noon! This is my last week at work and I am soooo thrilled about that. It's the first time since 1991 that I am off more than 1 week, even when I had knee surgery I was only off 1 week. and in 1994 when steve laid me off I was only off 3 weeks before I started my new job. so pretty much I've worked non stop since 1991. I need a break for sure.
So I emailed my BFF Ivonne about my trip to NYC and she just emailed that she is crazy excited and that she is getting married on Aug. 8th. I emailed her back to see what's up maybe I can be there. Will have to talk to Jean and see if she can take me. Jean and excited to see me and I am double excited to see her too. This all is a blessing for sure. Jean is sicky with shingles (adult chicken pox) but she should be better by the time I get there.
So today i weighed myself and I am up 2 lbs. go figure, this week down to the nitty gritty, lower calories/carbs and a little extra walking cause I don't have much time and I have to stay under weight. I kinda packed my hospital bag and I also put stuff in there to go stay at mellies for a couple of days. then when I come back from Mellies I have to pack for my trip, exercise everyday, eat right, take vitamins and start my routine of learning how to eat. I just started taking my iron pills, finally, new calcium and new multivitamin pills and they sure make me feel full. I am good to go. just waiting and counting the days. I may take a walk a little later with suzie (my furball) hopefully the weather will cool down.

That's All For Now - Be Blessed In All Your Steps! Stay Strong! Judy

1 comment:

Aims said...

Woot, Woot! 10 More Days!