HOW I'M DOING

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

JULY 2, 2008 - 21 DAYS TO GO

July 2, 2008 - *HELLO* WOW, 3 weeks to the day. I can't believe it, 2 weeks ago I was thinking ugh 5 weeks away I can't stand it. But now 2 weeks have gone by and I have 3 weeks to go. I haven't posted in a few days because I didn't have much to tell. Last Friday night I decided to go no carb/low carb to get my diet boosted. Sundays will be my add a little carb day. so far I've been sticking too it, eating alot of protein, of course my fat has also increased but for now it's ok since I've gone from 24%-49% carb in my diet to now doing 18%-24% carb, big difference, so I expect it should help me drop some pounds. Either that or I don't know what I am going to do to get some more pounds off, short of not eating or doing total liquids. So I also got my post op appt, I will be meeting with Dr. Hahn instead of my surgeon because my surgeon is booked the week my 2 week post op is due. not a problem! so we're all set, pre-op on July 11th, surgery July 23rd and post op Aug. 7.

Still don't know if I'm heading to NY, doesn't look like it. I wanted desperately to recover and enjoy some peace away from home but it's ok. Not looking forward to an entire month sitting in my room, except for some walks :( I also wanted to chill with Jean. probably sit on the beach and read, watch the water. maybe next summer can go and do that. I'm feeling okay, alot less hungry since I'm eating proteins/fat instead of carbs. it's not too bad. a little bland but I eat bland anyway. the weekend up until Monday was horrible, my stomach was pissed off at the high protein/fat change and it revolted, literally. I feel better now. I have to eat protein but the good proteins, not greasy, saucy stuff which I don't eat anyway but have to watch it cause my stomach hates that stuff. Well I bit the bullet and spent money I don't have but I HAVE TO get my post surgery stuff, theres no choice or I am going to starve! So I ordered all my vitamins and found a great website where I buy 1 bottle and get 2 free, so I mainly got 3 bottles of each thing for less than 10.00 and then I went to vitalady.com and bought some protein powder samples. Then I went and ordered my medicalert bracelet. I was going to wait until August but I want to have it as soon as I walk out hospital just in case something should happen, you never know. I am blessed but lots of folks behind the wheels of cars aren't as fortunate, and act stupid on the road. so all 3 orders was about 100.00 which is bad for me but I needed the stuff, I actually didn't buy near enough protein stuff but with what Pat and Debby gave me and what I ordered I should be okay for a bit. 1 sample is good for 8 oz serving which carries 25-50 grams of protein. oh and josh gave me these huge jar he got from Frankie, so that should help I hope I like it. I am ready, nervous, excited, still having the "what am I thinking" moments but nope no turning back I am ready to go. tired of the weight/wait and just want to get the surgery over and go forward. I know I will be freaking out before they knock me out in the OR, that's just me regardless of what I'm having done. I get anxiety with IV's, needles, masks on my face, i will just say thank God and keep me safe and away I go. The memo for Catastrophic Leave donations went out to DOT and I emailed it to some of my buddies in DIR, so far I know DG is giving me a day and Tina is giving me a week, God bless them both. So that covered 6 days and I need 19 more. All I can do is pray that folks help me. if not I am SOL and I don't know what I will do obviously I can't afford to get docked. so this is a little stressful for me but I'm not gonna worry about it right now. So somehow I need to hit a thrift store or Ross and get some "temporary clothes" I am wearing those awful brown pants and they are so big on me it's not funny. I knew they were baggy but today they are way too baggy thats it. they slip down my butt when I walk and they are so baggy people must wonder what is up. I only need like 1 pair of pants for work and then a couple of jogging pants loose but with a tie so I can adjust. So anyway it's almost lunch, gotta eat meat! no carb. so probably hot dog or something, I ate 2 hot dogs yesterday threw out the bun. no biggie. i was hungry until about 3:30 and then I ate an egg. got home had chicken with some melted cheese and sour cream on top and that was it. good enough. I did 28 carbs, and only because in the night I had some real fruit, and that was 10 carbs so it jumped from 18 to 28 :( but still better than something like 175!!!! 11:50 a.m. Margaret Stark-Roberts an attorney here just came to me and told me she is sorry to hear I will be out with surgery and that she hopes all goes well and that she is donating some time for me. I almost cried, it touched my heart that she would do that. I guess I do treat her right, I hope I do. I try hard to be good to everyone in the office. I am truly blessed. so lunch time now. maybe I come back later we'll see. BY THE WAY I'M POSTING 2 PICS, the first one is back in August 2007 and the 2nd (green top/jeans) is yesterday. I can't see a loss (-26 lbs) but I hope someone does!

That's All For Now - Be Blessed In All Your Steps! Stay Strong! Judy

1 comment:

Aims said...

Judy, you are very blessed!!! God does his work through us and others, keep the faith!

I am so excited that your surgery is only 3 weeks away, before you know it you will be 3 weeks post-op!

Woot-Woot!!!!