HOW I'M DOING

Thursday, July 31, 2008

JULY 31, 2008 - 8 DAYS POST OP

So it's finally 8 days post op. I weighed myself yesterday and even with the swelling and having my cycle I lost 10 pounds this week!! I been actually feeling pretty good I can't really complain. a little ooh's and ouches but that is expected after all I had major surgery. yesterday I went out for the first time and I started feeling clammy and not good so I came back home. Turns out that I may not be having enough calories, cause I asked the group and alot of them said I need to try and eat some more. I actually got to sleep last night for 5 hours straight and then for about another 1 1/2 hours so I felt good today. Did alot of organizing and arranging stuff for my room, did my laundry and even walked Suzie. I did pretty good. I ate cottage cheese w/jam 3 times, soup 2 times, jello 2 times, a little protein shake cause it tasted awful, then I got a little bit of that yucky feeling again cause I needed food, so I had Josh buy me some string cheese I had 2 of those 1 with some soup each time. So I'm hoping that it helps me feel better to get a little extra protein. However, I did eat the 2 string cheeses without any problems, i had to chew it carefully and to mush but it landed well! Yesterday while getting in and out of car I felt little stings or tugs inside that were painful so I gather it was the inside of my incisions healing and tightening today I didn't feel it. I spent a lot of time with Travis and I did okay, I get tired faster cause I can't hold him the way it's comfortable cause I don't want him to kick my tummy but I got to babysit him and I am happy about that cause I miss him and I leave next week I won't be able to see him for 2 weeks. I can't wait in 1 week I leave for NY, at this time next week I will be on plane. I just hope my dr. releases me to eat more foods cause I miss eating something besides liquids. Right now the only thing I have to chew is cottage cheese and string cheese and come on how much chewing is involved in eating that. I can't wait to see how much I lost next week! My stomach is going down, my incisions are closed and look like they are healing well. the only one that still has the tape is the largest of the 6 incisions I guess since it's larger it takes longer to heal. but no problem it's only pinching me a little bit sometimes. I just want my left side to strengthen up so that I can sleep. The past week I haven't been able to sleep cause my left side is uncomfortable. I'm not sleepy until late and then I couldn't sleep, I can't even nap, except today I napped for about 1/2 an hour. anyway off to bed, gonna try and sleep. tomorrow is melina's first lamaze class and I'm gonna try and go with her. hopefully I will feel okay to do it but anyway it's at the hospital so if I don't feel okay I'm in the right place. Right now the only time I feel odd is when my blood sugar drops and I need to eat, so I just have to avoid that. good night That's All For Now - Be Blessed In All Your Steps! Stay Strong! Judy

No comments: