HOW I'M DOING

Monday, August 11, 2008

AUGUST 11, 2008 - IN NEW YORK!

Hi there, well I'm in New York now, it's been 3 days. I am now 19 days out from surgery. I arrived in New York on Friday morning, with no sleep all night on the plane. got to my sister's hung out for awhile and then we headed to upstate New York to Ivonne's marriage ceremony (2 hour ride). It went beautifully (see pics) but then we went to dinner at a seafood restaurant and I lost my mind and forgot that I am a gastric bypass patient and I cannot be eating with my eyes anymore. I started with eating plain shrimp (5) no problem but I didn't stop there, I had 2 small slices of bread and butter and then I ordered an entree of salmon, baked potato and veggies. I ate half of the salmon, within minutes I felt about to die. I got hot and clammy and thought I was gonna be sick I didn't get sick but the entire ride home I felt all the food sitting in my pouch. It didn't help that it took 3 hours to get home cause of the horrendous traffic and then a rain storm to boot. By the time we got home my stomach had settled and I felt a little better but I was exhausted, had a headache and just felt drained. Hit the sack woke up a better person :)
Saturday we spent the day by the pool with Yvette and it was very cool. I ate better that day trying to be careful. Sunday I spent the day hanging out in the house and then outside by pool with Jean for awhile. Jason had his friends over and then Jean had a friend over and I had a nice time. I felt okay, was careful not to overeat!
Today we're doing the beach, it's beautiful outside after a horrendous storm last night again! So I am going to brave the sun and try to get some color on this whiteness.
I think the hardest part of this journey is getting used to eating to fit my pouch not my eyes, it tastes good and I like it and I have to remember to stop before I get sick. I haven't lost anymore weight and that concerns me it's almost 3 weeks and I've only lost 10 lbs. and it's starting to bother me. I am eating more so my body shouldn't be thinking I'm starving, I walk and try to stay mobile, I haven't done any real exercise cause I still hurt especially when I make too quickly. I will be doing alot more moving and walking in the next 2 weeks so will see if that does anything. I haven't weighed myself today to see if anything happened. I don't care how much it moves, 1 lb. would be cool I just want the darn scale to move!!!!
That's All For Now - Be Blessed In All Your Steps! Stay Strong! Judy

1 comment:

Aims said...

Hang in there Judy, I went through the same trial when I was in St. Louis, even felt a little depressed/sad but it's TOTALLY normal for us to go through this because our bodies are adjusting to the change.

Don't worry that scale will ZOOM and before you know it the pounds will be melting away!

XOX