HOW I'M DOING

Thursday, September 11, 2008

SEPTEMBER 11, 2008 - 7 WEEKS POST OP

WOW, so it's been 7 weeks and it's been going slow for me. I've lost 20 lbs since surgery and that to me is a huge disappointment, I thought I would at least lose 30 lbs or more in the first month but that wasn't to be

and I'm sad about it!

I have been stuck for most of the time, last night I somehow finally lost 1 lb. so maybe the scale will start moving. Anywho, unbeknowst to me I still had the UTI, which turned out to be bladder infection and I finally got the correct stronger antibiotic last week, so maybe that will help my body cooperate. Could be that infection had me bloated and why I felt so yucky. Then to top it off last week I got a flu bug, i'm coughing, congested and then sick to my stomach. A whole lot of folks at work sick too. I had to miss a day of work this week and I was not liking that, I did not want to miss any time until Nov. when I have to be off for Mellie's baby coming but my stomach was sick so obviously I couldn't leave the house.

All in all I'm okay. Enjoying my grandson he's so beautiful 4 1/2 months old and a precious gift. he's so funny, he plays, rolls around, talks alot, smiles and is just so happy. 8 more weeks and granddaughter arrives. I'm gonna have my hands full with 2 grandbabies in diapers. I tell you Travis is a handful, he's so active, it's exhausting. But he's fun and I miss him when he doesn't come to visit me in my room.

It's so weird how sometimes I actually have to remember I had surgery, I actually forget! One day this week I forgot and I ate a piece of toast so fast it was very painful. just got back from lunch and of course had to make myself stop eating to avoid major pain. I'm still training myself not to eat with my eyes, to listen to my pouch. which is the entire point of the surgery to have a smaller stomach that tells you to stop stuffing your face, unfortunately I still have days when I think I'm right and not my pouch and I take one more bite and then I'm in trouble. have to quit doing that, but I've been alot better than I was when I first had surgery. takes time but I'll get it. Now if my foot would stop hurting I could get to some exercises. I still walk as much as I can but it hurts my foot i have to get back to podiatrist to see what else can be done, barring surgery, don't want to do any of that for a long time.

So that's about it for now, i'm still learning how to work with my new pouch, sometimes not even remembering I had the surgery cause it seems like a dream now. Still going on with my life, trudging along.

That's All For Now - Be Blessed In All Your Steps! Stay Strong! Judy

No comments: