HOW I'M DOING

Friday, January 9, 2009

JANUARY 8 - FRIENDS THE GREATEST PART OF THIS JOURNEY

MAKING NEW FRIENDS IS THE MOST SPECIAL PART OF THIS JOURNEY!
So yesterday was my 6 months post op checkup. As I already knew my labs were not all good, so I have to double, triple up on some of my vitamins and take a prescribed vitamin D pill to fix my severely deficient vitamin D issue! That was my day yesterday, first had an appt with nutritionist and then in the p.m. saw the surgeon. The best part of yesterday was meeting up with 3 of my online support group friends. Debby who I met in December 2007, and who I have shared this journey with along the way. Debby had her surgery in January 2008 and I made it a point of meeting her for lunch each time she drove down from Elk Grove to Fremont for her appts. I was her surgery angel and she was mine, she is someone I consider a friend and who I enjoy sharing with. She also drove down for Melina's baby shower and I truly appreciate her doing that. So we also met up with Valeri, Valeri had her surgery right before I had mine. Back in May 2007 we had a Northern California meeting and that's where I met Valeri. she's a great person, very warm and kind. So the 3rd buddy at our lunch was Jessica, I met her on obesityhelp.com and invited her to the online support group. I was her surgery angel. So I invited her to meet us for lunch so we could meet her face to face. After Debby, Val and I had our check ups the 4 of us went to Red Lobster and had a very nice lunch, chit chatting about our journey, it was great and I was so glad we met for lunch. We will definitely do it again. That's All For Now - Be Blessed In All Your Steps! Stay Strong! Judy

1 comment:

Aims said...

Wow, didn't 6 months go by fast? congrats on your loss and keep up the good work the deficiencies will resolve in time, hang in there!

;)

Amy